Can amoxicillin be taken with Keppra?
No interactions were found between amoxicillin and Keppra. This does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.
What medications should not be taken with Keppra?
Common medications that may interact with Keppra include:
- antidepressants, such as SSRIs (eg, escitalopram, fluoxetine) and monoamine oxidase inhibitors, such as isocarboxazid, selegiline, or tranylcypromine.
- antiepileptics, such as carbamazepine and phenytoin.
- benzodiazepines, such as diazepam, oxazepam, and temazepam.
Can I take aspirin with Keppra?
Interactions between your drugs No interactions were found between aspirin and Keppra. This does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.
What medications interfere with Keppra?
What other drugs could interact with this medication?
- antihistamines (e.g., cetirizine, doxylamine, diphenhydramine, hydroxyzine, loratadine)
- antipsychotics (e.g., chlorpromazine, clozapine, haloperidol, olanzapine, quetiapine, risperidone)
- barbiturates (e.g., butalbital, pentobarbital, phenobarbital)
Can you still have seizures when on medication?
Unfortunately, at least 1 in 3 patients complain they are still having seizures while on medication. In these cases, the patient is considered to have drug-resistant seizures or drug-resistant epilepsy, also known as refractory epilepsy. The cause of epilepsy and seizures is often unknown.
Can you still have seizures while taking Keppra?
The most common side effects of levetiracetam are headaches, feeling sleepy and a blocked nose or itchy throat. It can take a few weeks for levetiracetam to work. You may still have seizures during this time.
Can you take aspirin after a seizure?
For aches and pains, acetaminophen (such as Tylenol, Panadol, Excedrin Aspirin Free) is probably the safest medication. Aspirin also appears safe, but it should not be given to children.
Can I take HYDROcodone and Keppra?
Using HYDROcodone together with levETIRAcetam may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination.
Is keppra bad for your kidneys?
Implications: Levetiracetam is a widely used drug that has been reported to be generally tolerable and effective; however, it has the potential to negatively affect renal function.