Do I pay child maintenance if I have 50/50 Shared Care?

Do I pay child maintenance if I have 50/50 Shared Care?

If the day-to-day care of a child is shared equally between the paying parent and the receiving parent the paying parent will not have to pay any child maintenance for that child.

What does 50/50 custody of a child mean?

Joint physical custody, or 50/50 custody, means that the child spends approximately equal time living with each parent. However, there are several different child custody arrangements that can provide for 50/50 or joint parenting time. There is not “one size fits all” approach to child custody.

Does shared care mean 50 50?

A straight equal division of time is instead termed a “shared care arrangement” and this is where a child most commonly has a one week on/one week off arrangement between both parents. A “shared care arrangement” that seeks a 50/50 division of time between the parents is unusual but is becomingly more common.

Do I have to pay child maintenance if I don’t see my child?

If you’re the child’s parent, you have to pay maintenance even if you don’t see them. You don’t have to arrange maintenance through the CMS – you can choose to arrange it directly with the other parent. If you don’t think you’re the child’s parent, you’ll have to prove why.

What is a fair amount of child maintenance?

On the basic rate, if you’re paying for: one child, you’ll pay 12% of your gross weekly income. two children, you’ll pay 16% of your gross weekly income. three or more children, you’ll pay 19% of your gross weekly income.

What custody schedule is best for child?

50/50 schedules can benefit a child because the child spends substantial time living with both parents. This allows him or her to build a close relationship with both parents, and to feel cared for by both parents. 50/50 schedules work best when: The parents live fairly close to each other, so exchanges are easier.

Why shared custody is the best arrangement?

Bauserman found that children in joint-custody arrangements had fewer behavioral and emotional problems, higher self-esteem and better family relationships and school performance compared with those in sole-custody situations. …

Who gets child benefit in shared custody?

Child benefit can only be paid to the primary caregiver of the child. Where there are two children, parents can choose to each receive the benefit for one child each. Child benefit for one child cannot be split between the two parents.

Do dads have equal rights?

As a father, having parental responsibility provides you with equal rights and responsibilities in respect of the child as the mother or anyone else who has parental responsibility. Parental responsibility includes responsibility for the following aspects of your child’s life: The wellbeing and care of your child.

Can a mother not let the father see the child?

The answer is usually no, a parent cannot stop a child from seeing the other parent unless a court order states otherwise. The parents have an existing court order, and a parent is violating the court order by interfering with the other parent’s parenting time.

What to do when your ex won’t let you see your child?

What you want to do is take your ex to court to enforce the child custody order. If you can prove that he or she is intentionally withholding the children from you, the court will take action to enforce the court orders.

What are child maintenance payments meant to cover?

Child maintenance covers the cost of the everyday care of the child, such as food, clothes and housing. Expenses such as school fees do not fall under child maintenance – parents who are getting a divorce can make a “Family Based Arrangement” to deal with costs like this.

Can I stop child maintenance if I don’t see my child?

What age is best for week on week off custody?

The “week on – week off” schedule may be appropriate for parents who have any one or combination of the following:

  • Older children (age 13 and up);
  • Amicable relationship with their co-parent;
  • Flexible work schedule;
  • Live a reasonable distance from the children’s school.