How can I get a copy of my 2013 federal tax return?
To get a transcript, taxpayers can:
- Order online. They can use the Get Transcript tool on IRS.gov.
- Order by mail. Taxpayers can use Get Transcript by Mail or call 800-908-9946 to order a tax return transcripts and tax account transcripts.
- Complete and send either 4506-T or 4506T-EZ to the IRS.
How can I find my 2013 tax return?
To request either transcript online, go to www.IRS.gov and look for our new online tool, Order a Transcript. To order by phone, call 800-908-9946 and follow the prompts in the recorded message.
Which states require a copy of federal tax return?
These states are Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Wyoming and Washington. If you are a resident in any of these states, you can ignore the process of filing state income tax and focus solely on your federal return.
Do you have to file taxes by deadline if you are getting a refund?
File to get a tax refund There is no penalty for filing after the deadline if a refund is due. Use electronic filing options including IRS Free File available on IRS.gov through October 15 to prepare and file returns electronically. However, it’s possible a tax return may require additional review and take longer.
Do I need to include a copy of my federal tax return with my state return?
Although some states require you to submit your federal return alongside your state return, the reverse situation in which the federal government would require you to submit your state return is never the case.
Do you send a copy of your federal tax return with your state tax return?
You do not need to send copies of your state returns with your Federal return. Many states require that you send a copy of your Federal return with your state return. TT will usually print out the Federal return with the state return if this is needed.
How do I look up old tax returns?
Order a Transcript
- Online Using Get Transcript. They can use Get Transcript Online on IRS.gov to view, print or download a copy of all transcript types.
- By phone. The number is 800-908-9946.
- By mail. Taxpayers can complete and send either Form 4506-T or Form 4506T-EZ to the IRS to get one by mail.