How can you make the community aware of cruelty to animals?
20 Ways to Raise Awareness
- Start an Animal Appreciation Club.
- Organize an Event in Your Local Community Center.
- Plan a Hero Night.
- Organize a Dog Park Clean Up Day.
- Visit a Nature Center to Find Out About Local Wildlife.
- Invite a Vet to Career Day at Your School.
- Start a Neighborhood Watch Program.
How are animals suffering?
But wildlife suffer from a host of human influences, from habitat encroachment and destruction, and fall victim to trapping, hunting, poisoning, and diseases spread from infected domestic animals who compete with wild herbivores for food and with wild carnivores for prey.
How should we behave with dogs?
Approach the dog in a safe manner
- Present your side to the dog—not your front—from a standing or squatting position.
- Don’t lean over the dog.
- Let the dog come to you rather than approaching the dog.
- Avoid direct eye contact (don’t stare the dog in the eyes).
- Extend your hand toward the dog.
Raising Awareness About Cruelty To Animals
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter. Often, when abused animals are taken to a shelter, they are very afraid of people.
- Donate money.
- Go Orange for Animals.
- Report cruelty.
- Tell others about the cause.
How can we protect wildlife?
Six Ways You Can Do Your Part to Conserve Wildlife
- Recycle. Find new ways to use things you already own.
- Restore. Habitat destruction is the main threat to 85 percent of all threatened and endangered species, according to the International Union for Conservation of Nature.
- Speak Up.
What to do if you suspect animal cruelty?
DO NOT ask us in the comments section what to do if you suspect cruelty or abuse. Contact your local police department and/or humane society even if you are unsure if what you observe qualifies as animal cruelty since laws vary by state and municipality. PLEASE STOP ASKING US WHAT TO DO; TAKE LEGAL ACTION!
Are there any products that are cruelty free?
Yes! Petroleum jelly is one of the few cruelty-free cosmetic products. It is a combination of waxes and oils that are derived from petroleum. Granted, petroleum is made from a fossil fuel, so it contains animal ingredients (and isn’t environmentally friendly), but no living animals are involved in its manufacture.
What are some cruel things done to animals?
Tortoise Gets New Wheels to Help Him Walk! Petition: Urge the Ecuadorian Government to Clean Up Oil Spill Earth Wasteland Turned Wilderness: 5 Amazing Examples of Industrial Wastelands Giving Rise to Biodiverse Ecosystems
Why are there so many laws against animal abuse?
Any one person who abuses a single animal should be brought to justice. That’s why most governments around the world have laws against animal cruelty. Law enforcement investigates reports of animal abuse and takes appropriate action. Some might argue that there’s a third, less obvious, type of animal abuse: Ignorance.