How do I freeze both rows and columns in Excel 2007?
To freeze the first row and column, open your Excel spreadsheet. Select cell B2. Then select the View tab from the toolbar at the top of the screen and click on the Freeze Panes button in the Window group. Then click on the Freeze Panes option in the popup menu.
How do you freeze multiple rows in Excel?
To freeze several rows:
- Select the row that is immediately beneath the last row you want frozen.
- From the View tab, Windows Group, click the Freeze Panes drop down and select Freeze Panes.
- Excel inserts a thin line to show you where the frozen pane begins.
How do you freeze more than 3 rows in Excel?
To freeze rows:
- Select the row below the row(s) you want to freeze. In our example, we want to freeze rows 1 and 2, so we’ll select row 3.
- Click the View tab on the Ribbon.
- Select the Freeze Panes command, then choose Freeze Panes from the drop-down menu.
- The rows will be frozen in place, as indicated by the gray line.
What is the shortcut to freeze panes in Excel 2007?
The Freeze Panes shortcut is an easy left-hander:
- Freeze Panes Drop-Down: Alt-W-F.
- Freeze Panes Based On Cursor Location: Alt-W-F-F.
- Freeze Top Row Only (regardless of cursor location): Alt-W-F-R.
- Freeze First Column Only (regardless of cursor location): Alt-W-F-C.
- UNFreeze Panes: Alt-W-F-F.
Why can’t I freeze panes in Excel?
To enable the Freeze Panes command again, you must choose either the Normal or Page Break Preview commands. You’ll have to manually restore any frozen panes that you lost when you chose Page Layout view. Figure 1: Excel’s Page Layout command disables the Freeze Panes command and unfreezes rows/columns, as well.
Can’t freeze multiple rows in Excel?
To lock multiple rows (starting with row 1), select the row below the last row you want frozen, choose the View tab, and then click Freeze Panes. To lock multiple columns, select the column to the right of the last column you want frozen, choose the View tab, and then click Freeze Panes.
What is the shortcut to freeze rows in Excel?
For this shortcut to work, you need to be in text editing mode (indicated by a blinking cursor). Alt + W + F: Freeze panes. A small menu will open so you can select one of these: R: Freeze top row.
What is the shortcut to Unfreeze Panes in Excel?
Can you lock both rows and columns in Excel?
To lock more than one row or column, or to lock both rows and columns at the same time, choose the View tab, and then click Freeze Panes. You will want your cursor to be below the row(s) you want to freeze and to the right of any column(s) you want to freeze.
How do I turn on freeze panes in Excel?
Freeze columns and rows
- Select the cell below the rows and to the right of the columns you want to keep visible when you scroll.
- Select View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Panes.
How do you freeze different rows in Excel?
To freeze certain rows in Excel, first scroll to the first row to be frozen (the first row you want to freeze needs to be the first row visible on screen), now select all the rows you want to freeze and click the Freeze Panes button. Do the same if you wish to freeze certain columns.
How to freeze more than one pane?
Open your Excel sheet. Click on the option ‘ view. ‘ Then choose the option ‘ Freeze panes ‘
Why won’t freeze panes work in Excel?
Freeze Panes not working. If the Freeze Panes button is disabled (greyed out) in your worksheet, most likely it’s because of the following reasons: You are in cell editing mode, for example entering a formula or editing data in a cell. To exit cell editing mode, press the Enter or Esc key. Your worksheet is protected.
How do you freeze panes?
Follow these steps to freeze panes in a worksheet: Position the cell cursor based on what you want to freeze: Columns: Select the column to the right of the columns you want to freeze. In the Window group of the View tab, choose Freeze Panes→Freeze Panes.