How do I move my S Corp from one state to another?

How do I move my S Corp from one state to another?

The best option for most S Corps moving to a new state is to form a new corporation in your new state and then merge your existing corporation into the new one. By completing this merger, you will avoid most tax-related fees and penalties that come along with operating a corporation in multiple states.

How do I change the address of my S corp?

You may also go to and search for myftb account or call 800.852. 5711 to change your address. If you change your address online or by phone, you do not need to fle this form.

How do I move my business to Arizona?

Create a new entity in Arizona through the Arizona Corporation Commission and pay the corresponding filing fee. Create and sign a Merger Agreement. Submit the Statement of Merger to the Arizona Corporation Commission and request a Certified Copy of the Merger Certificate. Pay the corresponding filing fees.

Where should I set up my S corp?

In order to set up an S-corporation, you must first charter your business as a corporation in the state where your headquarters is based. Once that is completed, you must elect S-corporation status by filing Form 2553 Election by A Small Business Corporation with the IRS, which all existing shareholders must sign.

How do I change my S corp name?

If you own a corporation, (including an S corporation) you can change your name when you file your tax return (on Form 1120), or you can write to the IRS at the address where you mailed your tax return. A corporate officer must sign the notice.

How do I get my stimulus check if I moved?

If you’re typically not required to file taxes and haven’t received your stimulus payment, you can still claim your payment as Recovery Rebate Credit on your taxes this year. If you already filed your taxes and didn’t include your new address, you can notify the IRS of your address change by filling out Form 8822.