Is Passport name different from birth certificate?

Is Passport name different from birth certificate?

If you are applying for your first passport and the name you are known by is different to the name on your birth certificate, you will need to enclose with your passport application a document called a Deed Poll (also known as a Change of Name Deed), which shows your name changing from your birth name to the name you …

What is the correct birth certificate for a passport?

NOTE: i) For applicants born on or after 26.01. 89, only Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or the Office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths is acceptable. contain the name of child, a declaration on plain paper signed by parents, is required to be submitted specifying the name of the child.

What is given name in passport?

Originally Answered: what does given name mean in passport? Given name is the name which has been designated to you upon your birth or how you are known as usually(not alias) Surname is generally the family name. So for John Smith. John is the given name.

What are the proof required for applying passport?

Documents required for a fresh passport

  • Photo passbook of running bank account in any public sector bank, private sector bank and regional rural banks.
  • A voter ID card.
  • Aadhaar card.
  • Electricity bill.
  • Rent agreement.
  • Driving license.
  • PAN card.
  • Landline or postpaid mobile bill.

Can we make passport without 10th certificate?

10th class certificate is not mandatory to get a passport. Now for DOB certificate, if you don’t have 10th class certificate, you can produce Municipal Corporation’s certificate/ PAN Card/Aadhar card etc.

Is the name on your Social Security card your legal name?

RM 10205.120 How the Number Holder’s Name is Shown on SSN Card. The number holder’s (NH) first and last name on his or her SSN card must agree with the first and last name shown on the document submitted as evidence of identity or legal name. A middle name or suffix is not considered part of the legal name.

Can I have two different names?

No. A person cannot have two names legally. Name is an identity in society as well as in documents.

Do I have to put my middle name on my passport?

Answer: A middle initial is acceptable on your passport. TSA’s Secure Flight Program asks passengers to enter their names as they appear on their government ID (i.e., passport). You should try to use the same name on your passport and flight reservations.

What is my given name?

A given name (also known as a first name or forename) is the part of a personal name that identifies a person, potentially with a middle name as well, and differentiates that person from the other members of a group (typically a family or clan) who have a common surname.

What is non-ECR proof in passport?

2. Non-ECR. Non-ECR stands for Emigration Clearance Not Required (ECNR). Indian citizens who have passed their 10th grade can get the ECNR and there will be no need to clear emigration at the counter. Even if you have completed your SSLC and still not have certificates, you will fall under the ECR category.

What documents need for visa?

Documents Required For VISA

  • Passport, in original, with a minimum validity of six months as on the date of submission of application for visa.
  • One recent passport-size colour photograph depicting full face.
  • Proof of Residence: Either a copy of National ID Card or Utility Bill such as electricity, telephone or water bill.

What is ECR not required on passport?

ECR (Emigration Check Required) Passports are required by Indians who wish to travel to certain countries for employment. For those passports that have been issued after January 2007, if there is no notation, it means that the passport is an ECNR or Emigration Certificate Not Required Passport.

How do I add a name to my passport?

You need to sign the passport application with both names and submit acceptable current evidence of identity in the “known as” name such as a driver’s license in the “known as” name. You may contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 for more information on adding an AKA on your passport.