What do you say to someone who is sober for 10 years?
Here are some statements that you can use to provide positive reinforcement:
- “I’m so proud of you”
- “I’m so happy to see you taking care of yourself”
- “You are so strong”
- “I’m happy that you’re doing well”
- “You are inspiring”
- “You deserve to be happy”
- “You are deserving of a happy and healthy life”
- “Keep on fighting”
What do you get someone who is one year sober?
Sobriety Gift Ideas
- Journal or Diary. It may seem simple but a journal can be a great gift for just about everyone.
- Personalized Sobriety Date Medallion.
- Recovery-Related Items.
- Art Supplies.
- DIY Kit.
What is the meaning of being sober?
1 : not drinking too much : temperate. 2 : not drunk. 3 : having or showing a serious attitude : solemn a sober voice. 4 : having a plain color sober clothes.
Can I drive sober?
“Impairment of any kind while driving is illegal. Alcohol, cannabis, or legal or illegal drugs can all affect your driving,” CHP Commissioner Warren Stanley said in a statement last December. “Impaired driving is a serious crime that can lead to an arrest, serious injury, or death.”
How can I sober up enough to drive?
- Coffee. Caffeine may help a person feel alert, but it does not break down alcohol in the body.
- Cold showers. Cold showers do nothing to lower BAC levels.
- Eating and drinking.
- Carbon or charcoal capsules.
Is it bad to go to bed drunk?
The University of Virginia cautions its students to “never leave an intoxicated person alone to ‘sleep it off. ‘” Blood alcohol content can continue to rise after a person stops drinking, and the person can choke, slip into a coma, stop breathing or die.