What is a namespace in DokuWiki?
A Namespace is a folder location where your page resides, much like how you can organize files on your computer using folders and subfolders, wiki pages are organized into Namespaces. For information on creating pages, please click here. Namespaces are crucial for organizing your pages within your wiki.
How to rename namespace in DokuWiki?
Renaming a namespace in DokuWiki Find the folder for the namespace you want to rename similar to the snapshot to the right. Select the folder and click rename in the File manager at the top. Click your sitemap link at the top right of your DokuWiki site. Now you will see the namespace renamed in your sitemap.
How do I create a new page in DokuWiki?
By Default, anyone can create pages in DokuWiki. To create a new page, you’ll actually use the search feature within your wiki to search for the page that you want to create. After searching, as long as the page doesn’t exist, DokuWiki will give you a link you can click on that will allow you to create this page.
How do I activate ACL in DokuWiki?
ACLs can be enabled in the installer and an initial ACL policy is set there as well. To manually enable ACLs, switch on the useacl option and create a copy of the example files conf/acl.
How do I delete a page on DokuWiki?
How to delete a page
- Log into DokuWiki.
- Find the page you want to delete. In this case, the page “Playground” is being deleted.
- Click the Edit (Pencil) in the menu on the right.
- Delete the contents of the page so that there is no text in the text area. Click Save. Now the page was removed from the Wiki.
How do I rename a page in DokuWiki?
Just copy & delete page An easy way to “rename” a page is to simply create the new one and then change the content of the old page to something like this: Moved to [[newpage]]. Then visit the pages linking to the old page, and update them to refer to the new page. This can be done gradually.
How do you do DokuWiki?
- Step 0: Make sure your server meets the requirements.
- Step 1: Download the newest release from the Download Page.
- Step 2: Read the security page before you begin installing.
- Step 3: Unpack the distribution tarball and upload/copy the files to your webspace.
- Step 4: Open the install.
How secure is DokuWiki?
DokuWiki is a web application and is often used on public servers, reachable from the Internet. This means it is at a greater risk to be attacked by malicious people than, for example, a local application on your desktop system.
How do I install DokuWiki plugins?
Steps to install a plugin in DokuWiki
- Log into DokuWiki. Click Admin at the top right of your DokuWiki.
- Select the Manage Plugins in the list of Administration tasks.
- Paste the URL for the plugin in the “Download and install a new plugin” URL box.
- If the URL is correct you will get a “Plugin package . . .
What is DokuWiki used for?
DokuWiki is a simple to use and highly versatile Open Source wiki software that doesn’t require a database. It is loved by users for its clean and readable syntax. The ease of maintenance, backup and integration makes it an administrator’s favorite.
Is DokuWiki easy?
DokuWiki is a simple but versatile wiki. Find out how to install, configure, and begin using DokuWiki. A couple of weeks ago, I had to set up a small web site for a new project of mine. DokuWiki is a simple but versatile wiki.
Is DokuWiki private?
– dokuwiki wiki is on a public server, and accessed by a few users. – wiki is hidden from the public, eg mysite.com/secret_name URL. – if someone chances on the wiki, cannot read any pages, cannot register.
Where are the parent namespaces located in DokuWiki?
The namespace ns2 is located beneath the namespace ns1; the namespace ns1 is located beside the current namespace (i.e. both ns1 and the current namespace are beneath the same parent namespace, wherever according to the root namespace this parent may be located itself). refers to the page “start” in the namespace ns2.
How do you create a page in DokuWiki?
In DokuWiki, pages are created as in every other wiki. Simply create a link to a non existing page, follow this link, and click on Create this page. See also Adding pages . refers to the page “example” in the current namespace. refers to the page “example” in the root namespace. refers to the page “example” in the namespace “wiki”.
What’s the difference between N and.in DokuWiki?
Syntax complies with DokuWiki namespaces. If n is not defined then all namespaces are open, if 0 they are closed. “. ” refers to the namespace of the page containing the indexmenu syntax and not to the current DokuWiki namespace context 3) (see the context option for this feature). “ .. ” or an empty value shows the root site namespace. Optional.
Which is the correct syntax for indexmenu in DokuWiki?
Syntax complies with DokuWiki namespaces paths. “. ” refers to the namespace of the page containing the indexmenu syntax and not to the current DokuWiki namespace context 2) (see the context option for this feature). “ .. ” or an empty value shows the root site namespace.