What is the average cost to have a roof Reshingled?
The average cost to reshingle a roof is between $4,000 and $10,000 depending on the materials used for reshingling your home. Asphalt and metal reshingling is the most common, while more expensive options are clay and solar.
How often should you have your roof Reshingled?
In general, this is the recommended replacement schedule based on the material used: Composition Shingles: 12-20 years. Asphalt Shingles: 15-30 years. Wood Shingles: 20-25 years.
What should a roof replacement include?
- Roof decking. Decking is the wooden boards that make up the framing of your roof.
- Roof flashing. Roof flashing is metal placed anywhere your shingles butt up against something, such as a wall, chimney, or in open valleys.
- Drip edge.
- Ice and water shield.
- Asphalt shingles.
- Ridge capping.
- Roof vents.
How long does it take to get a roof Reshingled?
In most cases, your average roof will be reshingled in a span of 2 – 3 days. A roof with double the area that needs to be reshingled will usually take more than a week.
Is soffit included in roof replacement?
Often replacing soffit and fascia will be recommended. Fascia – Connects the roof to the soffit, where gutters are attached. Soffit – Covers the underside of the roof overhang. Both of these play a large part in protecting the structure of the home.
How long does it take to replace a roof on a townhouse?
In general, the roof of an average residence (3,000 square feet or less) can be replaced in a day. In extreme cases, it could take three to five days. Depending on the weather, complexity, and accessibility of your home it could even take up to three weeks.
Why does my roof have black streaks?
The black streaks running down roofs are actually a hardy algae called Gloeocapsa magma. As the blue-green algae accumulate, they develop a dark, hardened outer coating, which results in the black stains you see. The algae feed on the limestone in shingles.
When should I replace my soffits and fascias?
5 Signs That It’s Time to Replace Your Soffits and Fascia
- Cracks and Flaking Paint. As we mentioned, these components of your roof play a functional and aesthetic role.
- Evidence of Pests. Nothing can be more annoying and troublesome than having pests in your home.
- Suspected Asbestos.
- Water in Roof Void.
- Lack of Ventilation.
What are the steps in replacing a roof?
Step-by-Step Guide to Roof Replacement
- Step 1: Choose the Right Contractor.
- Step 2: Choose the Materials.
- Step 3: Removing The Old Roof.
- Step 2: Inspecting The Wood Decking.
- Step 3: Getting The Roof Surface Ready.
- Step 4: Installing The New Roofing Materials.
- Step 5: Cleanup and Final Inspection.