What to do if there is a lockdown at school?
Faculty & staff should do the following if a lockdown is ordered:
- Lock all doors and windows immediately.
- Never open doors or windows unless ordered to do so by a safety or school official.
- Turn off all lights, and close the blinds or curtains.
- Instruct all students to stay low and away from the windows and doors.
How do you say thank you to a custodian?
An Open Letter “Thank You” to Custodians
- Thank you for being fearless.
- Thank you for your dedication.
- Thank you for being caring.
- Thank you for putting our students first.
- Thank you for being a role model.
- Thank you for all of the hard work that you do for our schools.
What does it mean when a school is on lockout?
Lockouts are used to secure the school or building from a potential threat taking place outside, such as law enforcement activity in the neighborhood. During a lockout, access to the building is restricted, but there may be controlled limited movement.
What should I do during a lockdown?
50 Things to Do While in Lockdown
- 1- Instagram baking class.
- 2- Go to the zoo without leaving the house.
- 3- Learn a new language.
- 4- Listen to a podcast.
- 7- Watch some live music.
- 8- Museum tours.
- 9- Tour the USA’s greatest national parks.
- 10- Play Pictionary with a robot.
What to do if you are in the bathroom during a lockdown?
Keep your hands visible at all times. NEVER OPEN DOORS DURING A LOCKDOWN. Even if the fire alarm goes off, DO NOT evacuate the classroom. If you are inside a bathroom, move to a stall, lock it and stand on the toilet.
What do school custodians do?
A school custodian cleans the buildings, equipment, and furnishings of a school. Your job is to work with other members of the cleaning or custodial team to ensure the school is a clean and safe environment in which children can learn.
How do you say thank you to a school?
- Thank you for all that you do. Your hard work doesn’t go unnoticed. You’re appreciated!
- It’s your day to shine! And our day to say, “Thank you!”
- We love you, Jennifer! Thank you so much!
- The wages they pay you won’t fill any banks, But your hard work really matters, And you deserve a big THANKS! Thank you so much!
What should a 11 year old do in lockdown?
20 activities to keep kids entertained in lockdown
- Learn to draw. Draw With Rob is a draw-along video series by children’s author and illustrator Rob Biddulph.
- Tackle an indoor adventure.
- Practice yoga.
- Get moving.
- Tune into story time.
- Try a Lego challenge.
- Make origami animals.
- Visit Google Art and Culture.
How do you survive on lockdown?
You need to strengthen your resilience and mental health to survive a lockdown. Simple tip: Cut down on social media, and stay away from the news. Yes, you should be well informed, but reading news and articles on the virus will only add to your stress, and make you hysterical.
What do school custodians wear?
Although custodians typically perform their job duties in uniform or casual attire, for interview purposes it is advisable to dress conservatively but professionally. Wearing a pressed pair of slacks and a button-down shirt or blouse is appropriate as you want to communicate a professional attitude.
How do you show appreciation to school?
Here is a list of things to show your teachers appreciation.
- Start small and just tell them you appreciate all they do.
- Give them a gift card.
- Bring them favorite snack.
- Know their birthday.
- A teacher’s school day doesn’t end after the bell.
- Volunteer to cover a duty.
- Make sure your children are great students.