Can a landlord show a house while occupied in Washington state?

Can a landlord show a house while occupied in Washington state?

A landlord has a right to enter the renter’s home for necessary or agreed repairs and inspections. The landlord can also enter the home to show it to prospective renters or buyers.

Do landlords live on the property?

Keeping yourself—and your tenants—happy A live-in landlord, also known as an owner-occupied landlord, is a landlord who lives in one part of the property while renting out another part of the property to a renter.

Can a landlord evict you for no reason in Washington state?

A tenant can have their tenancy terminated and move out without being evicted. In most cities in Washington, the landlord does not have to give a reason why they are asking the tenant to leave, and currently no extensions exist in Washington state law.

Can a landlord be a tenant in Washington State?

Landlord-Tenant If you rent your home you are covered by the Residential Landlord-Tenant Act (RCW 59.18).   In a 1985 decision, the Washington Supreme Court ruled that the Consumer Protection Act does not cover violations of the Residential Landlord-Tenant Act.

How much notice do you have to give a landlord in Washington State?

In most standard instances, a Washington landlord must provide 2 days of notice before entering an occupied unit. This includes occasions where repairs are being made or the space is being shown to a prospective tenant.

Can a landlord retaliate against a tenant in Washington State?

Under Washington state law, it is illegal for a landlord to retaliate or threaten to retaliate against a tenant for complaining to government agencies about habitability issues, or for exercising their rights under the Act. Examples of retaliatory actions include: Filing an eviction, or threatening to evict the tenant; Increasing the rent; or

What happens to my lease if I Sell my House in Washington?

In case you’re a tenant in Washington, there is no need to worry either. Your lease remains valid if a rental property is sold, and your former landlord is obliged to provide you with a name and address of a new landlord.