Can I sue my ex for using me for money?

Can I sue my ex for using me for money?

Can I sue the abuser for money I think s/he owes me? If an abusive partner (to whom you are not married) failed to re-pay money that you lent to him/her or failed to make credit card or loan payments that s/he agreed to, you may be able to take the abuser to small claims court to sue for that money.

What do you do when your partner owes you money?

What to Do When a Friend Owes You Money

  1. Have them step into your shoes- using empathy as a way of getting paid back.
  2. Offering a payment plan.
  3. Brainstorm together other creative ways to get paid back.
  4. Think about going to mediation.
  5. Making the tough decision to sue them in small claims court for the money owed to you.

Can you take an ex partner to small claims court?

Yes, you could try to take your ex to small claims court. This option may seem appealing because it’s cheap (you can represent yourself, so legal fees won’t be an issue), but it won’t solve the problem of “collecting” — actually forcing your ex to pony up is a separate process, after you’ve won your case.

Why wont my ex Give me my money back?

If your ex can’t afford to pay you back, there may be little point in taking the matter to court. In this scenario, your ex could make an application to the court to repay a meagre amount every month, which the court may accept if they can prove this is all they can afford.

Can I sue a boyfriend?

In addition, California law specifically allows a person to sue someone who is stalking him/her for general damages, specific damages and punitive damages. The law also allows a judge to issue an injunction to stop the behavior.

Is Financial Abuse grounds for divorce?

Divorce proceedings involving property division, alimony, or child support, should bring any financial abuse to the forefront. Proving financial abuse can be challenging. Full disclosure of assets and debts is required of both parties in the early stages of divorce.