How do I cancel my NCAT proceedings?

How do I cancel my NCAT proceedings?

You can withdraw your application in writing or in person at the hearing. Please tell NCAT as early as possible so that we can minimise costs and inconvenience to the other parties. A request to withdraw an application must include the following information: Your file number.

Can you appeal an NCAT decision?

Other NCAT decisions can be appealed to the NSW Supreme Court, the NSW Land and Environment Court or the NSW District Court. There may be appeal rights in other legislation, depending on the type of proceedings. For more information read the NCAT Internal Appeals Guideline (PDF , 273.7 KB).

How do you address a member of NCAT?

If the Member’s name is displayed on the table in front of you, you may address them as ‘Mr’ or ‘Ms’ and their surname. Otherwise you may call them ‘Sir’ or ‘Madam’. If the Member is the President or a Judge you must address them as ‘Your Honour’.

Who is in charge of NCAT?

NCAT’s President is a Supreme Court judge with experience in administrative law and commercial dispute resolution. Division Heads are responsible for the management of matters within their Division. ​The Principal Registrar oversees the administration executive and registry functions of NCAT.

What happens when you go to tribunal?

During a hearing They will look at any documents, photos or other evidence, and will ask questions. If the case is more complex, or either side wants to bring witnesses, a ‘formal’ hearing may be held. The case will be run more like a court, with evidence usually given on oath or affirmation.

Who is responsible for NCAT?

The New South Wales Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) is an administrative law tribunal in New South Wales established by statute on 1 January 2014….New South Wales Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

Legal tribunal overview
Minister responsible The Hon Mark Speakman MP, Attorney General of New South Wales