How do I move to Spain as a resident?

How do I move to Spain as a resident?

Individuals can obtain permanent residency in Spain after having legally lived in the country for a period of five uninterrupted years. When they fulfill this specific condition, they can apply for permanent residency and then gain the right to live for the rest of their lives in the country.

How do I maintain permanent residency in Spain?

For the permanent residency, you just need 5 years of residence in the country; whereas to obtain the Spanish citizenship you need to have lived in Spain for 10 years. Bear in mind that some individuals from certain countries do require less than 10 years if there is any treatment between both countries.

How do I get a non-lucrative residence visa for Spain?

Documentation required for your non-lucrative residence visa application

  1. National Visa form and EX01 form must be completed.
  2. Valid passport or travel document recognised as valid in Spain.
  3. Payment of the visa application process.
  4. Certificate proving no criminal record duly legalised or apostilled, valid for 3 months.

How long can a Spanish resident be out of Spain?

If you hold a valid authorisation of temporary residence, in accordance with the Spanish Law, you may spend up to 6 months per year outside of Spain. But should this period be surpassed, it will be necessary to apply for a new visa to return to the country.

How much money do you need to get a non lucrative visa in Spain?

Proof of funds is the core requirement to obtain the non-lucrative visa in Spain. In order to be elegible for a Non Lucrative visa in Spain, the Spanish Government dictates that you must prove having the following income: Monthly Income of 2151,36€ Monthly Income of +537,84€ for each family member in your care.

Can I still emigrate to Spain?

If you work for yourself, you can still move to Spain and declare yourself ‘self-employed’ or ‘Autonomo’. Just be aware that you are required to: Apply for a permanent residence. Demonstrate that the commercial activity you are undertaking is compliant with Spanish rules.