How do I stop Outlook from disclose recipients?
When you open a new blank email in Outlook, click on the “Options” tab. From there, you’ll want to select the Bcc field in the message header. This is your “blind carbon copy” option, meaning that your email recipients will not see other names on the list.
How do I send an email to a group but hide recipients?
To send emails to small groups where everybody knows each other, use the Cc field. Enter all of the addresses there, separated by commas. To hide addresses, use the Bcc field, just like the Cc field. No one will be able to see the addresses added in this field.
Can you reply all to undisclosed recipients?
Re: Does “Reply all” send replies to BCC recipients? No. Reply All will only be able to reply to the e-mail addresses sent along with the e-mail in the headers. BCC addresses are never sent to the recipient in the e-mail headers.
How do I send an email to a group and hide the recipients in Outlook?
How to Send an Email to Undisclosed Recipients in Outlook
- Create a new email message in Outlook.
- In the To field, enter Undisclosed Recipients. As you type, Outlook displays a list of suggestions.
- Select Bcc.
- Highlight the addresses you want to email and select Bcc.
- Select OK.
- Compose the message.
- Select Send.
How do I make a group email private?
Start typing the group name in the “Bcc” field while composing an email in Gmail, then click the group name when it appears below. Do not enter the group name in the “Cc” or “To” fields, otherwise all of the recipients will be able see each other’s private email addresses.
Can you see who is blind copied on an email?
BCC simply sends the email to someone without their name being on the email at all. That’s what “blind” is all about: you can’t see that they’ve been sent the email. In fact, recipients of the email can’t tell whether anyone was BCC’ed or not. The information simply isn’t included in the email message.
How do you secretly CC someone in an email?
How To Use Bcc (Blind Carbon Copy) in Outlook 2010
- When the new mail window opens click on the Options tab and in the Show Fields column select Bcc.
- The Bcc field will appear and you can then put the contacts in there who you want to receive the mail secretly or don’t want to show a certain email address.
How do I hide the email addresses in a distribution list?
To keep the names and e-mail addresses of people included on a personal distribution list private, or hidden, use the Bcc field….
- In an open message, add your e-mail address in the To box.
- In the Bcc box, add the distribution list.
- Type your message and click Send.
What happens if someone replies to a Bcc email outlook?
If your name is on the Bcc list, you won’t receive any emails if someone on the To or Cc line replies to the original email. Your inbox would be inundated with emails when all you needed to care about was the first one.