How do you use the word abhor in a sentence?
Abhor sentence example
- I abhor this type of insulting behavior.
- People who seek peace abhor violence.
- If you abhor racism, you can make a difference by fighting it.
- I abhor the smell of burnt popcorn.
- Are there any foods that you abhor ?
- I abhor the conditions under which we commercially raise farm animals today.
How do you use abbreviate in a sentence?
Abbreviate sentence example
- If the space is small, you can always abbreviate .
- We were forced to abbreviate our trip due to the bad weather.
- Ordinary algebra developed very gradually as a kind of shorthand, devised to abbreviate the discussion of arithmetical problems and the statement of arithmetical facts.
What does Abors mean?
transitive verb. : to regard with extreme repugnance : to feel hatred or loathing for : loathe abhorred violence.
How do you use the word ambiguous in a sentence?
Ambiguous sentence example
- Her songs are intentionally ambiguous .
- The ending was more ambiguous , one in which the future of the world was in question.
- There are a number of specific issues left somewhat ambiguous in the document.
- The modern work is deliberately ambiguous .
What is abbreviation example?
e.g. is the abbreviation for the Latin phrase exempli gratia, meaning “for example.” This abbreviation is typically used to introduce one or more examples of something mentioned previously in the sentence and can be used interchangeably with “for example” or “such as.” The use of e.g. implies that there are other …
What is the new word of abbreviate?
There is more than one type of abbreviation. An acronym is a new word created from the initial letters of a long name or phrase, for example, NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization).
What does the word Abash most nearly mean?
to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
What do bloodthirsty mean?
: eager for or marked by the shedding of blood, violence, or killing.
What does Arbored mean?
: furnished with an arbor : lined with trees : having trees : embowered an arbored walk.
Where is ambiguous used?
1 He gave me an ambiguous answer. 2 His reply to my question was somewhat ambiguous. 3 The language in the Minister’s statement is highly ambiguous. 4 This agreement is very ambiguous and open to various interpretations.
What are ambiguous sentences?
An ambiguous sentence has two or more possible meanings within a single sentence or sequence of words. This can confuse the reader and make the meaning of the sentence unclear.