How long does the EU settlement scheme take?
It usually takes around 5 working days for complete applications to be processed if no further information is required, but it can take up to a month. Your application is likely to take longer than a month to process if: we need to request more information from you.
How easy is the EU settlement scheme?
Applying to EUSS is easy for most EU citizens and there is no reason to expect that only people who plan to stay permanently will do it (not least because pre-settled status is valid for five years so long as a person does not have an absence of more than two years, giving people the option to come back later if they …
What documents are needed for EU settlement scheme?
- an identity document – your passport, national identity card, biometric residence card or permit.
- a digital photo – you can take a selfie during the application.
- your National Insurance number or proof of how long you’ve lived in the UK.
- a mobile phone number.
Can you lose EU settled status?
The right to upgrade from pre-settled status to settled status is lost if the continuous qualifying period is broken and the person returns to the UK after 31 December 2020. Once someone already has settled status, they can spend up to five years outside the UK without losing it.
How do you prove you are settled in the UK?
You can prove your rights in the UK using both:
- your passport or national ID card.
- your EU Settlement Scheme application certificate – you would have been emailed your certificate when you applied.
What happens if I don’t do EU Settlement Scheme?
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and have not made an application to the EU Settlement Scheme by 30 June 2021, you will become unlawfully present and will be at risk of losing access to employment and benefits, as well as being subject to other sanctions, such as being unable to rent from a private landlord in …