Is legal aid free in Western Australia?

Is legal aid free in Western Australia?

Legal Aid WA offers free or low-cost legal services to the community.

What are community legal advice Centres?

Community Legal Advice Centres Centres give free, generalized, face-to-face legal advice at an initial appointment and further specialized advice for people eligible for legal aid. Centres are jointly funded by the Legal Services Commission and local councils.

Can you get legal aid for discrimination?

You may be able to get legal aid to help you pay for your court action. To get legal aid you need to meet the eligibility criteria. You can contact the Equality Advisory Support Service (EASS) who can help you find out if you can get legal aid.

Legal Aid WA offers free or low-cost legal services to the community. We can help if you have questions about the law, if you are going to court, or if you need advice on a legal problem.

Where to get legal help in Western Australia?

Legal Aid Western Australia (1300 650 579) – Legal Aid WA InfoLine, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4:30pm, provides information, advice and other legal help. Law Compass – administered by the Department of Attorney General (WA), provides information to help guide citizens through their rights and responsibilities under Western Australian law.

Do you need a lawyer in Western Australia?

In addition, you may find these services useful: If you think you have a legal problem and you may require a lawyer, the Law Society has developed a helpful toolkit which provides information you may need to know while engaging with the legal system in Western Australia.

Do you need to see a lawyer for legal aid wa?

Legal Aid WA’s most recent quarterly service and financial report is now online. The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer.

How does the Australian government provide legal assistance?

The Australian Government provides Commonwealth legal financial assistance for people requiring assistance with a Commonwealth law matter or an overseas legal matter who do not qualify for assistance from legal aid.