Is there an ombudsman for caravan parks?

Is there an ombudsman for caravan parks?

In the case of holiday parks, there is no ombudsman to which you can take your problem for independent assessment.

Can I live in a static caravan on my own land?

Can I Live In a Static Caravan on Private Land? It is within the law to site a caravan within the ‘curtilage of your home,’ i.e., in your garden or on your drive, without having to acquire planning permission. However, the static caravan or mobile home must accompany the house for ancillary uses only.

How do I complain about a Haven holiday?

If your holiday is over and you’re still unhappy, please, within 14 working days of your departure date, either click here and fill in the form as instructed or, if you prefer to write to us, send a letter to: Guest Relations, Haven, 1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 4YL.

Who regulates caravan parks?

The two main industry bodies are the National Caravan Council (NCC) and British Holiday & Home Parks Association (BH&HPA). The NCC is the only one which currently has a regulatory scheme in place for holiday park owners, so look to see if your caravan park is a member.

How do I get rid of damp in my caravan?

Use a scrubbing brush and apply some pressure to the affected areas. Let it dry completely, then fill a spray bottle with a tablespoon of clove oil and a litre of water and spray this over the surface. If the mould is quite substantial, you may need to call a professional in to remove it altogether.

What is the lifespan of a touring caravan?

A touring caravan is inevitably shorter lived than other more permanent dwellings but one can expect it to last at least 10 years, if it’s well cared for and regularly checked. Check the body annually, to ensure that it remains water- proof.

Can I live on my land without planning permission?

No. “It is not an offence to carry out development without first obtaining any planning permission required for it” ( PPG18 Para 6). It will normally* only become illegal for you to be living on the land when an enforcement notice against you comes into effect.