What are some strengths about the Constitution?
Its self-correcting and self-regulating nature made possible through amendments, the constitutional supremacy it embraces, the bill of rights, the separation of powers and its simplicity of design are major strengths of the constitution. The Constitution is a timeless document due to the adaptability of its nature.
What are 2 strengths of the Constitution?
Terms in this set (6)
- Strength no.1: Sovereignty. Sovereignty is with the constitution and its major principles are entrenched, safe from interference from a temporary government.
- Strength no.2: Separation of Powers.
- Strength no.3: Individual liberties.
- Strength no.4: Flexibility.
- Strength no.5: SCOTUS.
- Strength no.6:
What are the advantages of Constitution?
Advantages of a rigid constitution include: It is a source of stability in administration. It maintains continuity in administration. It cannot become a tool in the hands of the party exercising the state’s power at a particular time.
What are negatives about the Constitution?
Cons of the Constitution
- Extremely difficult to pass new amendments.
- The amount of representatives the Constitutional calls for is merely 65.
- Left out Women and African-Americans.
- Some portions of it are too vague and offer room for mis-interpretation.
What are some strengths and weaknesses of the Constitution?
Terms in this set (7)
- adaptable to political conditions and circumstances STRENGTH.
- too difficult to amend WEAKNESS.
- avoids elective dictatorship STRENGTH.
- gridlock WEAKNESS.
- liberties and rights protected STRENGTH.
- citizens’ rights not fully protected WEAKNESS.
- Too much power to unelected and unaccountable judges.
What are three weaknesses of the Constitution?
- The states didn’t act immediately.
- The central government was designed to be very, very weak.
- The Articles Congress only had one chamber and each state had one vote.
- Congress needed 9 of 13 states to pass any laws.
- The document was practically impossible to amend.
What were the biggest benefits of the constitution?
The biggest benefits of the constitution over the Articles is the constitution states that the people rule, and the constitution allows everybody to vote and majority wins, however the Articles of Confederation states that only two-thirds vote.
What are the main advantages of written communication?
The advantages of Written Communication are stated below:
- It is suitable for long distance communication and repetitive standing orders.
- It creates permanent record of evidence.
- It gives the receiver sufficient time to think, act and react.
- It can be used as legal document.
- It can be sent to many persons at a time.
What are the three strengths of the Constitution?
Terms in this set (7)
- Provides a government for the people.
- Provides a government that can act when in danger.
- Provides for a feeral union where people still have certain rights and powers in their own states.
- Guarantees individual rights.
- Preserved the union.
What were the biggest benefits of the Constitution?
First it creates a national government consisting of a legislative, an executive, and a judicial branch, with a system of checks and balances among the three branches. Second, it divides power between the federal government and the states. And third, it protects various individual liberties of American citizens.
What were the strengths and weaknesses of our nation’s first government?
What were the strengths and weaknesses of our nation’s first government? Weaknesses – Congress could not levy taxes. They had to ask the states for money, but the states often refused. It was difficult to get laws passed and there was no national court system.
What are some strengths and weaknesses of our Constitution?
What are the 1st 3 words of the Constitution?
The first three words of the Constitution are “We the People.” The document says that the people of the United States choose to create the government. “We the People” also explains that people elect representatives to make laws.
How was the Constitution better than the articles?
The Constitution was better than the Articles of Confederation, because the Articles of Confederation had many weaknesses. The Federal Government created by the Constitution is strong and powerful. There were no Federal Courts or Executive. Revenue comes from states, national government could not tax.
What are the five advantages of written communication?
What is effective written communication?
Connection – Good written communication forms a connection between the reader and the writer. Clarity – Effective written communication is clear and easy to understand. Correctness – To be effective, the written communication should use the correct tone, inoffensive language, and appropriate grammar.
What were the strengths and weaknesses of our nation’s first government quizlet?
What were the strengths and weaknesses of our nations’ first government? Strengths were that they were able to create towns and create a military. Weaknesses were that it was near anarchy and had basically no order or responsibility.
Why are the first 3 words of the Constitution Important?
The first three words in the Constitution are the most powerful: We the People. They declare that the Constitution derives its power not from a king or a Congress, but from the people themselves. This concept of popular sovereignty—power to the people—is the foundation upon which the entire Consti-tution depends.
What do we call the first 10 amendments?
the Bill of Rights
In 1791, a list of ten amendments was added. The first ten amendments to the Constitution are called the Bill of Rights.