What documents do I need to get married in Spain?
How to get married in Spain
- Valid passports of both parties.
- Original full birth certificates.
- Proof that both parties are legally allowed to get married, frequently known as a certificate of no impediment (if you aren’t Spanish then you may need to obtain this from your home country’s Embassy or Consulate)
How do I register my marriage in Spain?
How to register a marriage with a foreigner in Spain
- Check the requirements at the civil registry.
- Prepare all the required documents.
- Submit all the documents at the civil registry.
- Wedding and obtaining the marriage certificate.
- Documents to be provided by the foreigner.
How long does it take to register a marriage in Spain?
How long does the registration take? The law does not establish a legal term for it but surely the applications made at the Central Civil Registry (the institution in charge of the registration) it will be faster. The average time of response for the registrations carried out by our firm is four months.
How much does it cost to get married in Spain?
The average cost of a wedding in Spain stood at 22 thousand euros in 2021. This includes the expenses laid out for all products and services, such as clothing, music, banquet and invitations.
Can you legally get married in Spain if you are British?
You cannot have a Civil Wedding (Register Office, Hotel, Beach etc.) unless one of you is a Spanish resident – you can only have a Blessing following a UK legal ceremony.
Can a British get married in Spain?
You can do the legals (marriage or civil partnership) at your local Registry Office in the UK in just ten minutes; all you need is two witnesses. Then you can have whatever ceremony you like in Spain.
Who pays for wedding in Spain?
In Spain, these costs are handled by various sponsors, often godparents who are honored during the ceremony for their contributions. In Korea, the bride and her family pay for the cost of the wedding.
Why do Spanish brides wear black?
For Catholic brides in Spain, the black signifies the bride’s commitment and devotion to her groom “until death do us part.” Today, a bride might choose to wear black as a nod to the tradition or to break out of the white wedding dress mold.
What is the average age of marriage in Spain?
The average age at first marriage has increased by 8 years from 1981 to 2013, going from 25.2 to 33.2 years.