Where can I find legal advice online?

Where can I find legal advice online?

How do I research my legal issue online?

  1. Start with Avvo. You’ll find plenty of free legal advice in Avvo’s guides with information on over 1,000 legal topics and over 7 million questions and answers.
  2. Look up your local court system.
  3. Learn more from your local Bar association.
  4. Dig into the laws themselves.

Where can I find free lawyers?

Here’s how to find legal help if you can’t afford a lawyer:

  1. Contact the city courthouse.
  2. Seek free lawyer consultations.
  3. Look to legal aid societies.
  4. Visit a law school.
  5. Contact your county or state bar association.
  6. Go to small claims court.

When do you need a lawyer in Family Court?

Almost any time you need a court to make a decision about your child’s wellbeing, it is good to seek advice from an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, you may be able to get some assistance from a Legal Aid Office. You are not, however, required to have a lawyer represent you.

What is the purpose of the family law department?

The purpose of the Family Law Department is to help self-represented litigants in domestic relations cases (divorce, custody, or parenting time proceedings). The program is part of a statewide effort to improve the accessibility of the court system to the public.

How does mediation work in a family case?

Mediation is a process that allows parents to work out a plan that sets out the child’s schedule with each parent, and specifies how decisions about the child will be made. A mediator is a neutral party appointed by the court, typically at Mediation Orientation. There is no fee for the first eight hours of the mediator’s time.

Is there a family law facilitator in Oregon?

Oregon law prevents us from offering legal advice to the public. Family Law Facilitators operate under the provisions of Oregon Revised Statute 3.428. It is important to note that as a self-represented litigant, you are acting as your own attorney. Although this service may aid you in that, it is not a replacement for valuable legal advice.