Who can I talk to about consumer rights?

Who can I talk to about consumer rights?

Contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline (formerly known as Consumer Direct) if you need more help with a consumer problem.

How do I get in touch with consumer rights?

Trading standards services are delivered by your local authority and consumer concerns should be reported to the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133.

What does Citizens Advice do for consumers?

We believe in a better deal for consumers. We want consumers to know where they can turn to for advice, who will speak up for them when things aren’t right and how they can help stop problems in the future. We provide advice, education and research on policy issues.

What can trading standards do?

Trading Standards use the information you give them to investigate unfair trading and illegal business activity, like rogue traders and scams. Trading Standards can take businesses to court or stop them operating, but they won’t help you fix your problem – for example, they can’t help you get a refund.

What services do citizens advice offer?

Citizens Advice service’s work involves providing advice on issues such as debt management and welfare benefits, housing, immigration and asylum, employment, consumer complaints and landlord-tenant disputes. Citizens Advice also runs a consumer helpline to help with consumer issues.

What can you complain to trading standards about?

You should report a business to Trading Standards if they sold you something:

  • unsafe or dangerous, like an electronic appliance with faulty wiring or food past its use-by date.
  • fake.
  • not as described – for example, you bought a package holiday but something advertised wasn’t included.

Is the money advice service free?

About us. We’re the Money Advice Service – an independent service set up by government to help people like you make the most of their money. We give free, unbiased money advice online, over the phone and face to face.

When to contact Consumer Action Law Centre Victoria?

Consumer Action is on hand to assist residents of Victoria with their consumer, credit and debt issues. SPEAK TO A LAWYER: Mon – Fri: 10am-1pm ph: 1800 466 477

Where can I get free legal advice in Victoria?

If we can’t help, we can refer you to other organisations that can. The Consumer Action Law Centre gives free legal advice and representation to vulnerable and disadvantaged consumers across Victoria. If you are an individual consumer in a dispute with a credit provider, the centre can give you free advice on your rights and obligations.

How to contact Consumer Affairs Victoria for free?

Consumer Affairs Victoria also has a free app that provides instant advice on your refund, warranty and lay-by rights. The MyShopRights app is available on Android and iPhones. Register your home, personal mobile or fax number to the Do Not Call Register to reduce telemarketing calls. Registration is free.

Why do you need to be a consumer lawyer?

Corporations and consumers alike need lawyers to help them with consumer law. Consumers need protection from unfair practices. Corporations need to be able to do business, and they need to be able to implement laws as they change.